Monday, January 28, 2008

Sunday

What a great day in the Lord! Yesterday, Becky and I was in Denison and I had the opportunity to preach the morning service from Isaiah 41:10. As on a number of times, I thought I butchered the message up, but God used it anyway. Everyone seemed to really respond to God's Word and several said it was exactly what they needed. It is just another way that God shows me that He uses His Word to reach hearts when effort is made to preach it. I hope that God continues blessing them, and I have encouraged them to start praying for the new pastor that the Lord had for them. The crowd, apparently, was a lot larger than most of the members anticipated. After services, we were invited to go to lunch with Ron Brown and his wife. We had a great visit with them and feel like we have made some really great friends. Hopefully this church can go on serving God in an even larger way. I know that their former pastor is still very much loved and appreciated, and they all hope that he follows what God has for him. It has always been a blessing to me to be able to go there and preach, and I thank God for those opportunities. He is surely a great God.

No comments: