Sunday, June 29, 2008

What A WEEDEND


Becky and I started our weekend really early. She was off on Friday and I took off before 11:00 a. m. Things have slowed down, somewhat, at work, and my vacation along with Becky's has officially started.

Friday, Becky took Aaron's fiancee' to Longview for a ladies day out. Shae got her nails done, I think, for the very first time. They also picked up the wedding cake to bring home. I mowed the yard, and weedeated.

Saturday, Becky took Shae to get her hair done and do some final preparations for the wedding, which happened at 2 p.m. The wedding went off as normal and now Aaron and Shae are married. Woohoo... The whole thing too 12 minutes. All this money spent on a wedding, and it only takes 12 minutes?!?!? The wedding, reception and all was done by 4:00 p.m. We all rush to the house, grab our things and take off to Denison, Texas to be closer to Unity MBC, where I was scheduled to preach. We arrived at the hotel at 9:30 p.m. after leaving Carthage at 5:00 p.m.

Sunday! I had the great opportunity to preach to a loving church. I preached from Isaiah 1:16 - 20, entitled, "Obedience - The Key to a Healthy Relationship to God." The church had Sunday school, then the Choir had an Independance Day Contata. It was really great! The message was delivered, the seed was planted, and God was honored. What a great day... Then it was eatin' meetin' time. The church had great food and there was great fellowship. Afterwards, Becky and I were back on the road by 1:30 and we got home about 7:00 p.m. We stopped at the outlet mall in Terrel and then at the mall in Tyler. Of course what's a trip without stopping at Braums to eat some ice cream; Becky's treat. Now, Becky and I will be on vacation this week. We are headed to Houston on Tuesday to have so time together by ourselves. Good to go...I hope. LOL.

No comments: