Saturday, August 12, 2006

Home again

This week was an amazingly short week. However, it was very busy. Monday and Tuesday were long days for me at work. I've become increasingly unsatisfied with my job, but I know that I will eventually get what God wants for me. Wednesday morning, 8/9, we flew from Shreveport to Houston and then to Columbia, South Carolina. What little bit we saw of Columbia was pretty. Everything was green. It rained everyday we were there in the evening time. Becky, her mom, and I went to Ft. Jackson to watch Aaron graduate from basic training of the US ARMY. We arrived to our hotel on Wednesday and just drove around to find the place we were to go to the following morning. Thursday a.m, we entered Ft. Jackson and saw a lot of people there for the graduation on Friday. We found out that Aaron would be one of about 10 people that would not graduate, because he did not pass athe 6 nor 9 mile hikes. This is with about 70 lbs. of equipment on them. He has three small stress fractures in his right foot. However, we did find out that he could still graduate if he chose to do the hikes with his platoon leader, or attend basic training again after high school. He has chosen to get his platoon leader to let him take it I think. He is in good physical shape. He's lost about 20 lbs and is up earlier than I am for now.
We arived at home about 1:30 a.m this morning, and we are in need of rest. We thank the Lord for the safe trip there and back. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Army has taught this young man. There were a number of positive things that has happened with him. He said he went to church every sunday morning, and is looking forward to tomorrow. If he finishes is drill with his platoon, he will then go to AIT in June to complete his training. He then will be eligible for active duty and may be deployed to the mideast. We pray that God's will should happen in this area.
All I know is; I'm glad to be back home.

1 comment:

Kevin Higgins said...

Hey Brother, glad you've made it back - have a great day of worship and rest today.