Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Camp Time!


Yesterday brought back many memories for me. I took a load of suitcases, ice chests, and many other objects, along with my niece and Albert, to Pine Springs Baptist Encampment, in Laneville, Texas. I had the opportunity to see many friends I have not seen in years. Our church took 34 to camp this year, and I believe it was the largest for this church in some time. This is camp no. 4, the camp I was raised up in for over 30 years. I was not able to attend it every year, but I do have many friends who still do.

It was good to see many pastors whom I attended school with at TBI. They all wanted to know if I was pastoring anywhere, lol. I haven't had that special opportunity in almost 4 years. There are many of our churches seeking pastors, but it seems like God has not opened that door yet; but, HE will, one day. I always enjoyed taking kids to camp when I was pastoring, and even when I was a youth director also. The picture of this tabernacle reminds me of lots of things that happened there from the time I was a youngster to a teen. God has saved many souls in this building and continues to do so. The preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ is what does it! Camp is one solid week without the world dictating you something to do. It also gives you one solid week of fellowship with other brothers and sisters in Christ, to worship Christ, and to preach the gospel to a lost bunch. I may try to go to camp next year, with CMBC, should I not be anywhere else.
I saw a man I've not seen in about 4 years. Bro. Paul Clark is one of the men whom I count as a great friend. He loves the Lord and preaches the gospel with a fire. God has used the Clark family for many years. He just recently lost his dad, Bro. Clyde Clark. Brother Clyde was a warrior for God too. Bro. Paul pastors in Hillsboro, Texas, and God has blessed him so much. His son, Brother Jason is a missionary to France, and I'm glad to see that God is keeping HIS ministry going on through this loving family. My prayers go out to this family during their time of sadness. However, we know that Bro. Clyde is at the feet of Jesus and suffers no longer.

For those friends of mine, who read my blogs, which I don't seem to have much time for anymore, I ask that you pray for me as many have contacted me about possibly being interested in pastoring their churches. I've really prayed hard about this, but some of the contacts I've had, have not called back as I was told they would. Just pray that God will show me without a doubt what HIS will is, and that I will have a heart to accept it and continue in what I'm doing until HE puts me where HE has plans for me. Also, pray for several churches without pastors. May God send to them the man HE wants them to have, and may these churches see who he is. Thanks.

No comments: