Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday!


Saturday! I have a day off......lol. Well, this week seemed to go by quickly. Summer time always flies by, but it becomes miserable when it is hot and dry. I had the opportunity to go to camp again on Wednesday. I was able to talk to people whom I haven't seen in several years. Bro. Paul Clark and I visited for a while. He just recently lost his dad, but is excited to know that he is in Heaven. He preached on Wednesday night and I enjoyed it. The message was entitled, "Seven Bad Things About Heaven." The camp had about 250 registered campers and I believe they had 23 saved and 3 young men to surrender to the ministry of our Lord. That is exciting. On Thursday night Becky was able to go to camp with me and I introduced her to all my friends. Roger and Carla Bachelor were there, and I've known the them for a long time. They are members of Pinkham MBC in DeKalb, Texas. They may have a new pastor already and I pray that he is the one God wants there. Camp seems to just get started good when it is time to go home. I know that anytime I've spent the week there that Friday seemed a long way on on Monday when we arived. However, the week flies by and I always wanted to stay longer. It's such a great place to get away from the world. Becky told me to schedule a week off for camp next year. I hope that God opens the door to a church, which I can take to camp. That would be the greatest thing to me in the world.

I received two calls from churches this week looking for help. One is in Avenger, and Bro. Gould is wanting someone to help him with the church. The church is struggling in attendance, and the man that lands this job will hopefully be used of God to help it grow. I will know in a few weeks if I'm to go there. I also received a call from a church in Aubrey, Arkansas who is looking for a pastor too. I've got a while to prepare for this one as I am not scheduled to appear there until September 7.

I fill in for Bro. Dale tomorrow night and I'm still working on the message.....later on this one.

1 comment:

abainfrance said...

Thanks for the pictures of camp. I missed being there this summer, until you mentioned the temperatures. I can still see you and Dad singing to wake up everyone!